I have been watching both camps in the Real-ID debate right lately. The haves and the have nots all have their reasons for either wanting it, or not, whether it is no big deal or not, or what it is going to be used for, or not. I haven’t gotten one, and despite what everyone will have to believe it is not an automatic get for everyone either. At my last driver’s license renewal, I was asked if I wanted a Real-ID and I was like “sure, why not?” but was required to produce items that I don’t carry around or have lost over the years, so I didn’t get a Real-ID. Amusingly enough a few of the items they required I didn’t have when I got my passport, which supposedly is what you can use instead of a Real-ID, and "doing this to get a passport" is one of the arguments that the “it’s no big deal” crowd uses for Real-ID. Aside from the fact that your passport will get you in and out of the country, and give you certain rights that an American passport will give you abroad. A Real-ID wil...
The place where Jeremy Crow places his stuff.
Comments
Post a Comment